"Want to hear a great Ringo Starr story?"
"Once I was walking into the Staples Center, and I look next to me and Ringo Starr is walking right beside me. I’d been working on a project with his son, so to make conversation, I said: ‘I’ve really been enjoying getting to know your son.’ I said it very casually, but he got very reflective and said: ‘Maybe it’s time I got to know him too.’"
Sections in the bookstore
- Books You Haven’t Read
- Books You Needn’t Read
- Books Made for Purposes Other Than Reading
- Books Read Even Before You Open Them Since They Belong to the Category of Books Read Before Being Written
- Books That If You Had More Than One Life You Would Certainly Also Read But Unfortunately Your Days Are Numbered
- Books You Mean to Read But There Are Others You Must Read First
- Books Too Expensive Now and You’ll Wait ‘Til They’re Remaindered
- Books ditto When They Come Out in Paperback
- Books You Can Borrow from Somebody
- Books That Everybody’s Read So It’s As If You Had Read Them, Too
- Books You’ve Been Planning to Read for Ages
- Books You’ve Been Hunting for Years Without Success
- Books Dealing with Something You’re Working on at the Moment
- Books You Want to Own So They’ll Be Handy Just in Case
- Books You Could Put Aside Maybe to Read This Summer
- Books You Need to Go with Other Books on Your Shelves
- Books That Fill You with Sudden, Inexplicable Curiosity, Not Easily Justified
- Books Read Long Ago Which It’s Now Time to Re-read
- Books You’ve Always Pretended to Have Read and Now It’s Time to Sit Down and Really Read Them
Italo Calvino, If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler
(h/t Robinson Meyer)
John Mayer and Katy Perry… Who Do You Love?
The official trailer for Wes Anderson’s new film, The Grand Budapest Hotel.